What would have happened if the pilgrims had never landed in America? What would have happened if Germany had won World War II? What if the individuals convicted in the Salem witch trials were witches who resurrected for vengeance? Alternate history novels delve into “what if” scenarios, providing readers with a new perspective on the past and sometimes even the present.
What is Alternate History?
It is also referred to as alternative history, allohistory (another history), althist, or abbreviated as AH. It is a subgenre of speculative fiction in which one or more historical events unfold differently. These narratives often include “what if” scenarios at pivotal periods in history and offer alternative conclusions to those documented in the historical record.
It has also been categorized as a subgenre of science fiction, literary fiction, or historical fiction; works in this subgenre may include elements from any or all of these genres.
Top 10 Best Sellers Alternate History (Amazon)
- The Great Gatsby: The Original 1925 Edition by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- World War Z: The Complete Edition: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks
- 11-22-63: A Novel by Stephen King
- Wild Seed (The Patternist Series Book 1) by Octavia E. Butler
- BUTTER BAR by William Peter Grasso
- The Once and Future Witches by Alix E. Harrow
- Subversive (Clandestine Magic Book 1) by Colleen Cowley
- The Sleep Experiment: An edge-of-your-seat psychological thriller (World’s Scariest Legends) by Jeremy Bates
- Animal Farm: 1984 by George Orwell
- Seed to Harvest: The Complete Patternist Series (The Patternist Series) by Octavia E. Butler
Finding the right company that offers quality and affordable book marketing and publishing services is easy with Blueprint Press Internationale. Pick up your phone and dial (888) 617-8289 to know more. You can also go to blueprintinternationale.com for more details.